Novelist Akhil Sharma, who graduated from Princeton University in 1992, shares recollections about his studies, insights on his creative practice, and thoughts on teaching creative writing.
Stories & Excerpts
- “A Mistake” – A short story (drawn from Family Life), published in the New Yorker (2014)
- “We Didn’t Like Him,” published in the New Yorker (2013)
- Excerpt from The Obedient Father, published in The New York Times (2000)
- “Cosmopolitan,” published in the Atlantic Monthly (1997)
- “A Novel Like a Rocket” – Read Sharma’s essay on the creation of Family Life, published in The New Yorker