Each year, the Lewis Center for the Arts provides students the opportunity to spend the summer pursuing a project in the creative and performing arts. Current Freshmen, Sophomores or Juniors may submit applications for course, travel, and/or thesis research costs related to their studies. Award winners and amounts are determined by a committee of Lewis Center faculty members.
2019 DATES TO REMEMBER:
Monday, Feb. 11, 2019: Call for Proposals — applications open online
Friday, Mar. 8, 2019, at 4 PM EST: Application Deadline
Thursday, April 18, 2019: Students notified of funding decisions
SUMMER RESEARCH FUNDING AWARDS MADE POSSIBLE BY:
- Alex Adam ‘07 Award (Three projects will be awarded at $7,500 each to Princeton University Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors)
- The Sam Hutton Fund for the Arts (Awarded to Lewis Center for the Arts Freshman, Sophomore or Junior Students)
- The Carpenter Family Fund for Comparative Literature and the Creative Arts (available to a student whose summer research work is at the intersection of comparative literature and the arts.)
- Peter B. Lewis Summer Fund (Awarded to Lewis Center for the Arts Freshman, Sophomore or Junior Students)
- Mallach Senior Thesis Fund (Awarded to a Lewis Center for the Arts Junior Student)
- Mellor Fund for Undergraduate Research (Awarded to Lewis Center for the Arts Freshman, Sophomore or Junior Students)
- The Mary Quaintance ‘84 Fund for the Creative Arts Award (Awarded to Lewis Center Creative Writing or Visual Arts Sophomores and Juniors)
For information about prizes awarded by the faculty in recognition of outstanding work — which are not open to application — see Student Prizes Awarded for Excellence.