Each year, the Lewis Center for the Arts provides students the opportunity to spend the summer pursuing a project in the creative and performing arts. Current first-year students, sophomores or juniors may submit applications for course, travel, and/or thesis research costs related to their studies. Award winners and amounts are determined by a committee of Lewis Center faculty members.
2019 DATES TO REMEMBER:
Monday, Feb. 11, 2019: Call for Proposals — applications open online
Friday, Mar. 8, 2019, at 4 PM EST: Application Deadline
Thursday, April 18, 2019: Students notified of funding decisions
SUMMER RESEARCH FUNDING AWARDS MADE POSSIBLE BY:
- Alex Adam ‘07 Award (Three projects will be awarded at $7,500 each to Princeton University Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors)
- The Sam Hutton Fund for the Arts (Awarded to Lewis Center for the Arts Freshman, Sophomore or Junior Students)
- The Carpenter Family Fund for Comparative Literature and the Creative Arts (available to a student whose summer research work is at the intersection of comparative literature and the arts.)
- Peter B. Lewis Summer Fund (Awarded to Lewis Center for the Arts Freshman, Sophomore or Junior Students)
- Mallach Senior Thesis Fund (Awarded to a Lewis Center for the Arts Junior Student)
- Mellor Fund for Undergraduate Research (Awarded to Lewis Center for the Arts Freshman, Sophomore or Junior Students)
- The Mary Quaintance ‘84 Fund for the Creative Arts Award (Awarded to Lewis Center Creative Writing or Visual Arts Sophomores and Juniors)
- Service Focus Internships in the Arts – Support for arts summer internships that have a service focus
For information about prizes awarded by the faculty in recognition of outstanding work — which are not open to application — see Student Prizes Awarded for Excellence.