Each year, the Lewis Center for the Arts provides students the opportunity to spend the summer pursuing a project in the creative and performing arts. Current first-year students, sophomores or juniors may submit applications for course, travel*, and/or thesis research costs related to their studies. Award winners and amounts are determined by a committee of Lewis Center faculty members.
Student Summer Funding applications for 2020-21 will open on Monday, February 15, 2021.
*Any travel considerations for 2021 will be in accordance with University COVID-19 travel guidelines. To further the safeguarding of the University community’s health and safety, University-sponsored travel is strictly limited until further notice.
SUMMER RESEARCH FUNDING AWARDS MADE POSSIBLE BY:
- Alex Adam ‘07 Award (Three projects will be awarded at $7,500 each to Princeton University first-year students, Sophomores and Juniors)
- The Sam Hutton Fund for the Arts (Awarded to Lewis Center for the Arts first-year, Sophomore or Junior Students)
- The Carpenter Family Fund for Comparative Literature and the Creative Arts (available to a student whose summer research work is at the intersection of comparative literature and the arts.)
- Peter B. Lewis Summer Fund (Awarded to Lewis Center for the Arts first-year, Sophomore or Junior Students)
- Mallach Senior Thesis Fund (Awarded to a Lewis Center for the Arts Junior Student)
- Mellor Fund for Undergraduate Research (Awarded to Lewis Center for the Arts first-year, Sophomore or Junior Students)
- The Mary Quaintance ‘84 Fund for the Creative Arts Award (Awarded to Lewis Center Creative Writing or Visual Arts Sophomores and Juniors)
- Service Focus Internships in the Arts – Support for arts summer internships that have a service focus
For information about prizes awarded by the faculty in recognition of outstanding work — which are not open to application — see Student Prizes Awarded for Excellence.