Saturdays, 1:30-3 p.m.
Ellie’s Studio, Lewis Arts complex
Taught by experienced hip-hop guest artists
This class series develops a diverse understanding of hip-hop’s foundational forms. With an emphasis on physical techniques, the class exposes dancers to the many dance forms that exist under the umbrella of hip-hop. Through the sessions, students will understand the basics of hip-hop’s form and will also be challenged to synthesize elements of groove, musicality, texture, footwork, and personal expression in their own individual improvisation. All experience levels welcome.
Schedule of Guest Artists
- September 17 — Liam Lynch ’21
- September 24 — Liam Lynch ’21
- October 1 — Omari Wiles: Afrobeats
- October 8 — Emily Pietruszka: Popping
- October 29 — Liam Lynch ’21
- November 5 — Liam Lynch ’21
Archived Class Recordings
View class recordings in hip-hop and other genres from 2020-21 »